Wolfdogs for Adoption
*Courtesy Post* Faolan- Available for Adoption!
Hi! My name is Faolan, I’m a 4-year-old neutered male low content wolfdog (embarked at 37%). First thing you should know about me is I LOVE my people, so much so that I find it difficult to be apart from you. I need someone who works from home or is there the majority of the day as I can only be by myself for a few hours but over time with another doggy companion I might be happier to be apart from you longer.
I really enjoy meeting people and other dogs when out on my walks and very much appreciate it if they do so in a calm manner as sometimes I can get a bit overwhelmed. When walking around the neighborhood my favorite thing to do is to meet everybody I see to get pets and give kisses. I’m not sure why, but a lot of male dogs don’t like me so I can sometimes become a little defensive around them but boy do I love the ladies! A lot of people call me the ladies’ man.
As a typical northern breed/wolfdog I am a very good digger! So to keep me safe I need a proper fenced enclosure with dig guards otherwise my adventurous side will come out. Lots of enrichment goodies to keep my mind occupied would be greatly appreciated otherwise I can also become quite the destructive guy. I also grew up with a kitty but need constant supervision around them just in case.
I’m also a very big boy, about 110lbs and would love somewhere with a lot of space for me to play and run around. I enjoy being inside as well as outdoors (although I really don’t like the rain). Due to my size I cannot be around small kids and I can be quite mouthy to get attention.
I’m hoping my perfect home is out there who can dedicate the specialized care and attention I require;
· Someone who works from home or is around most of the day
· Has knowledge and experience with wolfdogs or northern breeds
· Has some land with escape-proof fencing (min 6ft with dig-guards)
· Able to read and understand canine body language and is comfortable dealing with reactivity issues using only positive reinforcement
· Has a female dog or would be willing to get him a female companion to help with his separation anxiety
· Really believes and treats their animals like family
If you are interested in adopting Faolan, please fill out an adoption application here!